Monday, September 21, 2009

Pages 229 & 230

These are from Hurricane Jeanne in 2004.

We had Hurricane Francis a month before this, and I did quite a few pages about that storm, so I chose to condense it down and only do a 2 page spread. This meant that in order to use my fave pics I had to "block" the page and fill it in with pictures. Doesn't really leave any space to be creative but it shows my pictures which is THE purpose of this craft.

Check out Martin at work the 2nd day after the storm!! Working so hard, right???


I had one photo too many for this set of pages, so I typed my journaling in a 4x 6 size to match the picture and matted black paper in between, leaving about 3/4 of an inch above in order to punch the hole and add ribbon/fibers. I will just slip down bhind the page and if the person looking wants to read it, they pull it out. You can add a paper pocket to the back of the page to hold the journal/photo, which keeps it from ever falling down to far into the page protector, but it also makes it more difficult for the looker to get it back into the page/pocket without damaging any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment